No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. The GoQuest™ Project Summer Contest is sponsored by CompassLearning, Inc. (“Compass Learning”). Open to legal residents of the United States, including Puerto Rico and other US territories, who, at time of entry, are 18 years of age or older that work at a school or organization that runs summer programs geared towards school-age children (generally ages 5-18 who are in elementary school, middle school, or high school). The contest registration period begins 11:00 a.m. on May 6, 2015 CDT and ends 11:59:59 a.m. CDT July 31, 2015. The contest submission period begins 9:00:00 a.m. CDT on June 1, 2015 & ends 5:00:00 p.m. CDT on August 25, 2015.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The GoQuest Project Summer Contest (the "Contest") registration period to receive trial access to GoQuest™ begins 11:00:00 a.m. CDT on May 6, 2015 and ends 11:59:59 a.m. CDT on July 31, 2015 (the “Registration Period”). The Compass Learning Project Summer Contest (the "Contest") begins 9:00:00 a.m. CDT on June 1, 2015 & ends 5:00:00 p.m. CDT on August 25, 2015 (the "Contest Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Entrant must be a legal resident of the United States who, at time of entry, is 18 years of age or older that works at a school or organization that runs summer programs geared towards school-age children (generally ages 5-18 who are in elementary school, middle school, or high school).
Employees, officers and directors of Compass Learning and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and service agencies, and members of the immediate family and individuals living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
Employees, officers and directors of Compass Learning’s competitors and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and service agencies, and members of the immediate family and individuals living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter.
The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, and local laws. Compass Learning reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant and/or the validity of any Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an Entry that is not in accordance with the Official Rules or who tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the Entry or judging or voting process of the Contest. Failure by Compass Learning to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Registration Period, Entrant may register online by (a) visiting www.projectsummer.goquest.com (the "Contest Website"); (b) registering for a free trial for GoQuest™ by Compass Learning® by clicking “Register” and submitting the information requested in full.
Entrants will receive their GoQuest trial log-in credentials after their registration information is reviewed by Compass Learning within 5 business days. Any entrant deemed not eligible as described in section 2, at Compass Learning’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and trial access to the GoQuest platform will not be granted and any photos uploaded will not appear on the Contest Website.
At least one of the three photos must include the students using GoQuest and have the GoQuest logo visible. You can download the logo here.
Submitted photos will be posted on the Contest Website after they have been screened by Compass Learning or Compass Learning’s representative.
Any photo deemed inappropriate or unsuitable for posting, in Compass Learning’s sole discretion will be disqualified and will not appear on the Contest Website. Posting will not be immediate; there will be a delay between photo submission and posting for screening of the photo.
Any Entry material or portion thereof that is, in Compass Learning’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any content unsuitable for broadcast, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant.
Therefore, clothing worn in the photo should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials. Please note, if an Entry includes any third party materials (including but not limited to, any copyright, trademark, logo or mark that identifies a brand), the owner of such trademark, brand, copyright, logo, etc. may insist that his trademark, brand, copyright, logo, etc. be removed from the site.
Consequently, the Entrant's entry will be removed from the site immediately and the Entrant would be disqualified from the Contest. Entries must be suitable for broadcast as determined in the sole discretion of Compass Learning. No Entry shall contain any content or image that has been broadcast, published or televised on television or as part of a recording of a motion picture film or television program. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry material from any source.
Any digital photo that is not of satisfactory quality (i.e. brightness, focus) to be posted online will likely be rejected, at Compass Learning’s sole discretion. Compass Learning has the sole discretion to determine whether a photo qualifies as an Entry. Any Entry not in compliance with the above and does not meet the Contest Website requirements will be disqualified.
By entering, Entrant's must attest (and check the box where indicated on the entry form) that the Entrant has followed their organization’s policy for receiving (and has actually obtained) permission from each parent/legal guardian whose child is depicted in the Entry to publically display of the image, and that the organization has the permission of their principal or program administrator to participate in the contest. Entrant acknowledges that he or she may be asked by Compass Learning to provide proof of such permission in writing to Compass Learning, and agree to provide Compass Learning with such proof when and if requested. Failure to provide such proof when requested will be cause for disqualification.
All Entries submitted become the property of Compass Learning and will not be returned. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by Entrants' online service will apply. No information regarding entries or judging, other than as set forth in the Official Rules will be disclosed. Each Entrant grants to Compass Learning the right to use, publish, and broadcast his/her name, picture, portrait, image, likeness and Entry in all media and types of advertising and promotion. Each Entrant certifies that he/she has personally appeared in the photo and/or that they are a representative of the participating organization.
Any Entry deemed in violation of the Official Rules, as determined by Compass Learning in its sole discretion, will not be accepted and will be deemed ineligible to win any prizes. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible Entries will be disqualified.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded to the organization listed on each winning Entry. The approximate retail value of each prize is $10,800. The prize package consists of a $5,000 check to be made out to the participating organization, an annual site license to GoQuest, approximate retail value of $5,000, and one day of virtual professional development provided by Compass Learning, approximate retail value of $800.
5. VOTING: Starting June 1, 2015, once an Entry is posted to the contest website, the public will be able to vote by accessing www.projectsummer.goquest.com through 5:00:00 CDT p.m. August 25, 2015 (“Voting Period”) and click on the “Vote” button and either select Connect with Facebook or enter a valid email address to continue to the photo gallery.
Individuals may vote once per day during Voting Period. The information collected during the voting registration will only be used as a way to systemically restrict the number of votes per day from the same individual.
The use of robotic or automatic devices for voting is prohibited and Compass Learning reserves the right to nullify all such votes and to disqualify from voting the responsible individual.
6. JUDGING: All eligible Entries with at least ten (10) votes will be judged by a panel of judges to be picked by Compass Learning after the Voting Period ends, to determine the two (2) Grand Prize winners on or about August 31, 2015, on the basis of the following judging criteria:
• Effectiveness of expressing the impact of project based learning on the learning experience in the written project summary (30%);
• Effectiveness of showcasing key milestones of the project in the photos (30%);
• Overall creativity and spirit (20%); and
• Production quality of the photo (20%).
The two Entries with the top overall scores will be deemed potential winners and each will win a Grand Prize for their schools. In the event of a tie during the judges' phase or after the Entrants' scores have been tabulated, tied Entries will be re-judged by the judges based solely on expressing the impact of project based learning on the learning experience. Decisions of judges are final with respect to all matters relating to this Contest.
Winning is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Winners will be announced on or about August 31, 2015.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be contacted by phone and/or email.
The program contact who submitted the Grand-Prize winning entries will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Waiver (where legal) within five (5) days of notification attempt or an alternate winning organization will be determined. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate determination.
Income and other taxes, if any, related to the prize are each winner's sole responsibility. Software licenses are based on a 12-month term and requires a signed agreement by an administrator at each of the winning organizations within 30 days of the winner notification.
Compass Learning’s determination of winners is final. Compass Learning and their agents shall not be liable for inability to notify winners whether due to inaccurate entry information, change of phone number, email address, or otherwise.
8. GENERAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and to the decisions of the judges, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. AS A CONDITION OF ENTRY, ALL ENTRANTS MUST REVIEW AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE GRANT OF RIGHTS AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SUBMITTING AN ENTRY.
Entrants agree to sign all necessary releases, consents and authorizations in connection therewith and to sign and/or provide any additional documentation Compass Learning may require in connection with the Contest and/or to effectuate the rights granted in the Grant of Rights. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, submission of entries constitutes permission to use the Entrant's name, likeness, biographical information, state/province/country, Entry and if applicable, any advertising materials developed, for advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation.
All personal information will be collected and stored by Compass Learning or its service providers, whose address is set out in rule 12 below. Entrants are entitled to access, update or correct this information.
All Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of Entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Compass Learning reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; or violates the Official Rules or submission guidelines outlined in the Contest Website; or acts in an unsportsmanlike, disruptive or inappropriate manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
It is the winner’s responsibility to determine that the acceptance of the prize does not conflict with the policy of the winning entity.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPASS LEARNING RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Compass Learning and its agents are not responsible for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, lost, late, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the submissions or votes in this Contest.
Compass Learning reserves the right to cancel the Contest if it (or the voting) becomes technically corrupted or to protect the property or reputation of Compass Learning or its customers, and it may in its sole discretion determine the winners from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation and all votes received prior to cancellation unless to do so would be prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Compass Learning and judges, which are final and binding.
In consideration of being entered into the Contest, and for other good and valuable consideration the receipt and sufficiency of which Entrant acknowledges, each Entrant (and participating student(s) and his/her parent/legal guardian) agree to the following Grant of Rights:
Upon submission, all Entrants (and participating student(s) and his/her parent/legal guardian) hereby assign to Compass Learning any and all right, title and interest in the Entry Material, including all intellectual property rights therein. Compass Learning and its designees and their respective licensees, sub-licensees, successors, and assigns (collectively, the "Rights Holders"), may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the Entry and all elements of such Entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to Entrant (or participating student(s) or his/her parent/legal guardian) or any third party.
Each Entrant (and participating student(s) and his/her parent/legal guardian) waives any so-called "moral rights" in connection with the Entry and shall not have any rights of approval as to any rights exercised by the Rights Holders. Each Entrant agrees that Entrant shall not be entitled to any compensation for any exercise of such rights beyond the consideration explicitly set forth herein.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS (AND PARTICIPATING STUDENT(S) AND HIS/HER PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN) HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE COMPASS LEARNING AND ITS ASSIGNS AND LICENSEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND DEMANDS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR USE OF THE PHOTO OR ANY ADS DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY OR RIGHT OF PUBLICITY. NEITHER COMPASS LEARNING, SHYCAST, NOR THEIR AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATED COMPANIES, OR THEIR ADVERTISING AND CONTEST AGENCIES, SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY OR GOODWILL. IN ALL EVENTS, THE SOLE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPASS LEARNING, AND ITS RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES HEREUNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEXT SHALL BE LIMITED TO TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($10,000.00).
10. DISPUTES: The Texas, USA court (state & federal) shall have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Contest and the laws of the state of Texas, USA shall govern the same. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts within the state of Texas, USA.
11. WINNERS: For the names of the winners, available after August 31, 2015, visit www.projectsummer.goquest.com.
12. Organizer: The Organizer of the Contest is CompassLearning, Inc. - 203 Colorado Street, Austin, Texas, 78701.